The goal of the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support for Experienced Providers (ACLS EP) Course is to improve outcomes in complex cardiovascular, respiratory and other (eg, metabolic, toxicologic) emergencies by expanding on core ACLS guidelines and encouraging critical thinking and decision-making strategies. Through instruction and active participation in case-based scenarios, learners enhance their skills in the differential diagnosis and treatment of prearrest, arrest and postarrest patients.
ACLS EP has been updated to reflect science from the following:
- 2010 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC
- 2013 American College of Cardiology Foundation (ACCF)/AHA Guidelines for the Management of ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
- 2012 ACCF/AHA Focused Update of the Guideline for the Management of Patients With Unstable Angina/Non–ST-Elevation Myocardial Infarction
This course is for seasoned healthcare providers who are proficient in performing BLS and ACLS skills, reading and interpretingECGs, and understanding ACLS pharmacology and who regularly lead or participate in emergency assessment and treatment of prearrest, arrest or postarrest patients.
- Uses case-based scenarios to move beyond the algorithms and show learners how to apply critical thinking to quickly reach a differential diagnosis and effectively manage treatment
- Includes more of the cases and information learners have requested, including pharmacology, toxicology, respiratory and metabolic cases
- Includes 68 scenarios, including prehospital, emergency department and inhospital scenarios, so the course to be customized to best meet the needs of learners
- ACLS Provider exam is completed online before class allowing learners more time to share and learn from peers
- Continuing education credits available